Saturday, February 1, 2020

Announcing the 2020 March Madness Book Bracket

I have a tradition of hosting a book march madness tournament every year on Facebook, and while I have in the past used my personal account to do so, this year's tournament will be hosted through the blog's Facebook page, so be sure to like and follow if you want to play.

Here's how this will work:

1. The tournament begins March 6. Each day I'll post two match-ups until the final to take place on April 6, the day of the NCAA March Madness championship game.

2. Simply cast a vote in each poll for your choice. HOWEVER, to keep it interesting, I allow additional votes in the form of good memes or just exceptionally entertaining comments, counted at my discretion. Beware that it is possible for your choice to win the popular vote but lose in the meme college.

3. I will vote only to break ties, but do not claim neutrality.

4. As always, the books chosen are not meant to be representative of, like, Good Literature or something. I love some of them and I love to hate some of them. The primary criterion for inclusion was my ability to fit the book into a snarkily-named category. There's also an obvious bias towards books I've read, but I MAKE THE RULES, OK?

5. I did not repeat winners or finalists from previous years cause I don't want this to be a boring thing where Pride and Prejudice just dominates every year. In case you're curious, previous winners are:
2019: 1984
2018: Frankenstein
2017: Pride and Prejudice

Edited March 6 to add rule number 6: As per longstanding tradition, one person and only one person not using facebook is allowed a vote, which I will register in the comments: my dear friend The-One-and-Only-No-Longer-On-Facebook-LC (TOAONLOFLC).

Without further ado, I give you the 2020 Book Bracket:

No comments:

Post a Comment